Dear Friends and Gender Advocates,
As part of its commitment for gender awareness and sensitivity, UP Cebu through the Gender and Development (GAD) Office is joining the annual celebration of the 18 day campaign to end violence against women and children (VAWC) from November 25 – December 12, 2017. This activity supports the campaign by the Philippine government through Proclamation No.1172 s.2006 and RA 10398 especially spearheaded by Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) to: (a) stop human trafficking and child pornography, (b) eliminate any form of violence whether domestic or institutional, and (c) continue the awareness campaign on how to end VAWC.
Schedule of Activities:
– Opening Salvo – at UP Cebu Audio Visual Room 1 for the Anti-VAWC Forum.
– There will be Solidarity Statements from various stakeholders and selected partner organizations.
– Forum on “Engaging Men in Creating a VAW Free Community” in the morning, and,
– an on-the-spot essay writing contest among Senior High Students in selected higher education institutions in Cebu city in the afternoon.
– Exhibit on Highlighting the UP Cebu GAD Accomplishments and the people behind it. Upholding Human Rights in UP Cebu through the 100 years of existence.
– Various Student Performances e.g. poetry reading, video documentary, music video presentations and Art and Photo Exhibit on how students understand gender, all its manifestations and how to effectively combat them.
We look forward to your active participation. Please share and join in this campaign.
RONALD A. PERNIA
Department of Political Science
College of Social Sciences
University of the Philippines Cebu
(032) 233-4708 <tel:(032)%20233%204708>
Email: [email protected]